Dansk Jernbane-Klub (DJK)
Danish Railway-Club Activities
Some of the activities:
- As a member of DJK you receive the magazine "Jernbanen"
6+4 times a year.
- You are invited to attend the meetings being held during the winter in Copenhagen,
Nykobing Fl., Randers, Aalborg and Århus.
Here you will be given the opportunity to watch films and listen to talks about railways
in the past, today and in the future.
- You are invited to participate in excursions where we by train, often steam-hauled,
study Danish and foreign railways.
- Some years ago, the club established a co-operation called »Jerubanebøger«.
Here you can virtually buy all kind of literature related to the world of railways.
Also postcards, badges, stickers and signs are available.
The adress is: Jernbanebøger, Kalvebod Brygge 40,1560 København V. Tel. +33 93 20 02. Fax: +33 33 86 96.
Back to the front page.
- Ever since the birth of DJK, one of its prime objects has been to preserve railroad equipment.
Not only rolling stock, but structures and lines as well. All in order to ensure that the
generation to come will have the opportunity to experience some old time railway.
And so we every summer run several scheduled trains with vintage cars and locomotives on our